From:
Drew Dunn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Dec 2006 15:10:30 -0700
Will Stephenson wrote:
> Hello all!
>
> I have a friend who wants to connect his iPod, computers and home stereo
> together wirelessly (so he can, for example, play tunes from his iPod on the
> stereo). Would anyone know what hardware and software is necessary to create
> such a system? I can see it happening with wires and Windows Media Center,
> but the person wants to be able to not have extra wires going to his stereo.
> Maybe a router attached (somehow!) to the stereo? Any ideas are much
> appreciated as I am not an audiophile.

Hi Will,

Logitech makes several products that are designed to work with
computers, iPods and audio systems.  They all use Bluetooth technology
for the wireless transmissions.  I've got the iPod wireless headphones,
which work quite nicely.  Logitech's web page at
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/productlist/US/EN,crid=2652
has more information.  The specific products are the Logitech Wireless
Music Systems.

Best of luck!

Drew Dunn
PCBUILD List Owner