From:
Tim and/or Donna Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Feb 1999 19:04:01 -0800
I hope this doesn't sound too ignorant or obvious, but, with PnP, you know
that the system will want to allocate to non-PnP devices first - which means
you have to make sure the appropriate jumpers are set for the non-PnP
devices and that there are no conflicts.

Have you tried running a diagnostic program from DOS to see what's
happening. I'm assuming, since you've done a number of builds, you know
about going into CMOS and making sure the appropriate system parameters are
set up - if not, re-submit your question and ask about CMOS and setup
functions and procedures (after you boot, hit F8 or the Del key to get into
system setup- i know you must know this already....sorry). I really don't
want to go further than this for now, as I don't know your knowledge base at
this time and don't want to waste your time with obvious stuff or waste my
time with stuff you already know.