From:
Frank Suszka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Dec 2000 14:13:43 -0800
Hans Saul wrote:
i have a toshiba t3100sx laptop that i cant get to work. the dc line in
light is on, then when i hit the power switch the hd and all the other
lites flash for a second and thats it,nothing shows up on the screen.

You mention the "dc" line in light as being on. Do you have the unit
plugged into the exterior power supply? If you don't have the power
converter plugged in, I suspect that the battery is in need of
replacement. If you do have the external power supply plugged in, the
same may be true or the connection in the lap top is defective. One or
the other is possible.

I had a clients Toshiba unit in for repair and when the external power
was plugged in I had no problem. Once I unplugged it, the green power
light would be lighted but when I hit the go button, as you stated, the
hard drive light and the rest would come on for a second and then there
was no further action.As recommended earlier, your battery may be
defective.

I went to the Toshiba web site,http://www.toshiba.com/ as Jose noted,
and there was no information that I could find on your unit. I suspect
that this is an older unit and some parts, service and or support may
not be available.

Sincerely,

Frank Suszka

> Is there a special button to boot it up?i have no manual for it and the owner says he has never got it to do anything since he got it?
> anything i can do to get it to go?where can i get a manual for it?

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html