From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Nov 2004 00:36:04 -0800
  It SHOULD be possible to make ICS work with statically assigned IP
addresses, especially if they can already access each other's files.
  But that's not how the ICS setup wizard does things.  It makes the machine
with the Internet connection a DHCP server, and makes the other machine(s)
DHCP clients.  I'm not sure what else it might do....

  Does the "default gateway" setting on the XP machine contain the local IP
address of the ME machine?

David Gillett