From:
Gary Cassidy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Dec 2000 12:51:02 -0500
Russell,

>    Did you ever take in a car for a brake job and the shop told you there
>was a broken shock absorber, or cracked strut, or something else? It's
>Murphy's Law for computer repairmen that they will be blamed for anything
>else wrong with a computer other than the original problem and people won't
>see it in the same light as a car repair.

Point well taken.  As it is a 7 year old 486, I'm more than happy (Elated
in fact) with the use I have gotten from it.  Anything that goes wrong with
it seems fair game to me.  Your point later about the three possibilities
does lack the option of the tech messing up but I have no reason to suspect
that is the case.  I was just hoping for resolution.  I do thank you for
defending your fellow techs though. I know just enough to deal with most
common problems quickly and correctly.  That also gives me enough respect
for the vagaries of the "Beast" to avoid slagging computer technicians
until they prove they deserve it <grin>.

I'll have a go at your suggestions as well as getting WD Diagnostic disk.

Thanks for the response

Gary