Date:
Sun, 25 Feb 2001 22:29:33 -0700
Wow, a place that still uses pulse dial. Are you sure you can't request an
upgrade to touch tone service ?

Some potential problems I can remember dealing with pulse dial systems are
1) Is the system providing proper precision dial tone ? Does your modem
actually dial or is it waiting for dial tone that isn't there. (A lot of old
pulse dial system used a non-standard dial tone.
2) The polarity of the phone line matters in the case of these older lines.
Ensure it is correct.

Does the modem actually dial, or does it dial and just not connect, or
connects but modems don't negotiate correctly ?

Dale Laluk

,,snip
Trying to connect to a server in different geogrphical areas (state). The
PSTN in the city where the server is located uses tone dial system whereas
the city where the client is located uses pulse dial system.

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml