Date:
Mon, 24 Mar 2003 09:51:21 +1200
Not sure if you got a reply to this.

If I understand you correctly, you're having trouble getting a 40Gb drive to
run in a PII machine.  It could be jumpers - if the normal Master or Slave
setting doesn't work, try the CS position - it's worked for me before.

Better still, check out the Quantum\Maxtor site for jumper positions for
that drive. There'll probably also be a jumper position to restrict the
drive size - it'll be called a 'clipping' setting.

But first, do you know if the motherboard's BIOS will handle a 40Gb drive?

Ian Porter
Computer Guys Inc.
Arrowtown
New Zealand
Subject: [PCBUILD] Maxtor on PII

Hi every body
I want to know how to connect a An 40 GB Hard drive to a pentium two pc
since it cannot detect it is there any relation with the jumbers.
Thanks