From:
Hugh Vandervoort <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 May 2006 03:37:12 -0400
I assume both computers are in the same Workgroup and have unique names.
What firewall does your ISP provide? Can you see the desktop if it's
temporarily disabled?
Run the network wizard on the desktop to be sure file and printer
sharing is turned on.
Try the "Add network place" wizard on the laptop.

Wayne Donohue wrote:
> I restored a disk image on my desktop computer, and the network between m
> y desktop computer and my laptop worked fine. I installed SP2, and now I
> can access the laptop from my desktop but not the desktop from my laptop.
>

> My Internet provider provides a good firewall, and it is set the same on
> both computers. I have the Windows firewall disabled.
>
> Any suggestions?

                 our special coffee mugs and mouse pads