Date:
Sat, 19 Jul 2003 18:19:48 EDT
In a message dated 7/18/03 12:32:28 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> If you think one of the ports on the Linksys is going out try swapping
> the suspect port with another one. Swap around the 2.4's cable to the
> 233's port. If the problem moves to the 233 then you may have a port
> problem. If the problem stays with the 2.4 I would be looking at the 2.4
> itself. Try the 233's cable on the 2.4 first to make sure your cabling
> is good then I would reload the 2.4's NIC software and then check the
> 2.4's NIC for good socket connection.

I appreciate the input.  Here's what I've done so far.  Used LANtester to
check cabling from 2.4 to router.  All eight lights lit.  Installed new
NIC...still not connecting.  Moved 2.4 to other router ports and get no lights on
router.  Other comps getting all lights and have access.  Ran 2.4 cat5 cable
directly to dsl modem and got internet connection.  But plugging it into router,
regardless of which port, I still don't get internet connection nor can I see
other comps.  Other comps can't see 2.4 either.  Called Linksys and they said as
long as other comps can connect in any of the ports then router is not at
fault.

So here's where I stand:  dsl modem works; cabling works; router works; Nic
card works.  Can't see other comps nor connect to internet thru router.  Did
hard reset of router (pushed reset button until diag lite turned on then off).
Still no progress.

Any more ideas?  I'm at a loss.  Is there something in the 2.4's
configuration that is amiss?  I've compared TCP and connection settings amongst all and
they are the same.

Kevin Nowicki