From:
Alex Mediaone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Feb 2001 04:29:52 -0500
Wiley,
        I have a parallel port CD-ROM, I enabled ECP to make it faster, then
installed
the included setup software with the drive which basically emulates the SCSI
interface via LPT1
When I started setting it up in WIN 95 initial release I was always having
system lockups until
I manually entered the /N parameter in the SCSI setting. With WIN 98, I
never experience any
lockups and it is working well. BTW it is a CDR and I also stopped using the
Adaptec DirectCD which
contributed to the lockups.
HTH

Alexander T. Estacio