From:
Tony Beckett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Dec 2005 08:49:12 -0000
Thanks for the various suggestions.

I did try the other flash drives on the Win98se machine.
Only the one from Kingston worked and it was from Kingston
that I was able to get the Win98se driver.

Checked on the XP machine and all the flash drives were
using the same driver. I am decidedly wary of taking .sys
files from the XP machine and putting them into the 98se
machine, particularly as Mark said there wasn't a generic
driver for flash drives in Win98se.

The non-Kingston flash drives don't identify themselves,
either on the case or when you do "properties" when they
are plugged in.

Incidentally what do you call these drives? Is there a
generally accepted term yet?

Regards

Tony
Tony Beckett - Rutland, UK