From:
Trevor Gibbs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Feb 1999 21:57:10 +1100
Hi All,

This is following from an earlier post re my brothers CD ROM and trying to
get a higher base memory for DOS games in Win 95/98 and thanks for your
help in reply the past. However there are some things I don't quite
follow...

The autoexec.bat appears to be non existent with Win95b or C... Can I
just write my own version of this file? Can this then get top a DOS menu
first before going to WIN95 , that is "break the boot sequence"?

It was pointed out to me that I could write in Config.sys or Autoexec.bat (
couldn't quite work out which was intended. Where the path is
C:\windows\command to the operating system, can I write in

DOS = HIGH, UMB?

 into the config.sys or could somebody suggest a sample autoexec.bat and
config.sys file which may be appropriate for a proprietary 2x CD with the
device high statements...

TIA

Trevor Gibbs

                   messages? Visit our staff web site: