From:
Alan Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Jul 1999 13:22:54 -0400
I need help getting a Calcomp Drawing Board III model no. 34180 with a
sixteen button puck to work with Windows98.
(The same problem exists on my other computer with Win95 OS.)  It works fine
with DOS AutoCad on the Win95 machine,  if  I boot into
dos.

I would like to know the following:  1.  What is the difference between
Wintab.dll and Wintab32.dll?  2.  Does "dll", data link library replace the
old "drv" drivers?
3.  Both Wintab.dll and Wintab32.dll are current versions and reside in my
Windows\System directory,  is that proper?  4.  What instances/references if
any should show up in the REGISTRY when properly installed?  5.  How do I
install the Wintab driver?

I have down loaded and run the setup for Calcomp's latest (2/99) driver.
That downloads is a program for setting up the digitizer in Win98.  However;
when, I run that program it is supposed to recognize the tablet and it does
not find any.

"Add Hardware" in control panel has categories for hardware, i.e. mouse,
modem etc.  What category does a digitizer belong in?

My computer is a PII 350mhz w/64meg Ram,  An STB 8 meg graphics card.
Monitor is a 21 inch PanaSync/Pro.  The computer is plug and play and has
both serial and USB ports.

If anybody is running a Windows version of AutoCad or AutoCadLT with a
tablet, would you please forward the settings that you computer is using?

Alan Smith

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org