From:
wbr_wf4r <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Apr 2007 16:59:46 -0400
If  the computer does "not working" then I assume that it does not boot.
Therefore you must try to boot it from a WinXP installation CD.  If
it will boot from the installation CD then it's a simple matter to just
follow the prompts, as already stated in another response.
It may be that since the computer is "not working" that the HD is shot.
and the whole subject is a moot one.

Good Luck.   William