From:
Ron Bain <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 May 2003 17:00:12 -0700
Two questions:
  1. Do I need to reinstall windows 98 SE?
  2. If yes, Can I  safely reinstall using the 98 SE software that I
have.

Reason for the first question:
Apparently I am missing 4 critical files for running Windows 98 SE:
    ScanRegistry
    load power profiles (both files)
    Task monitor.

the reason I make the above statement is when I go to the startup tap in
System Configuration Utility those files are
not in the list of files.

My computer seems to run without any problems, except I cannot get my
epson scanner to work. In addition, when I reboot there is a message
that there is a conflict at 3F8.  But when I go to device manager no
conflicts are shown for either Com 1 or Com  2.

If I need to reinstall Windows 98 SE can I do it safely.
I am currently running Windows 98 4.10.2222A

the Window 98 Software is a disk "Microsoft Windows 98, second edition
updates.

thank you for any  help.

Ron

                     support at our newest website: