From:
Peter Shkabara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Sep 2001 18:49:26 -0700
Hi group - hope you have a recommendation for me. My eyes are not what they
used to be, so I decided to buy a Viewsonic VP201MB 20 inch LCD display.
Expensive ($2500), but my eyes are important and I am on the computer all
the time.

Here is the problem. To best drive this monitor, I would like to use a
digital video card (DVI output). Most cards that have digital video output
are limited to 1280x1024 resolution in this mode. The VP201M display uses
1600x1200 - any suggestions?

Any input as to experience with the VP201 or other 1600x1200 display LCDs
would also be appreciated. Am I doing the right thing?

Thanks for any help.

Peter Shkabara, P.E.
Computer Science Instructor
Columbia College - Sonora, CA