Date:
Mon, 1 May 2000 10:26:50 -0700
Recently a person with whom I'm working took over a DOS based Point Of Sale
system that my wife and I had used successfully for years . Her hardware guy
recommended Win 98 instead of the NetLite to network her two computers .
This slowed her 133 system very much and since increasing her ram it has
improved a bit ,
but in my poorly educated opinion it is still too slow . The DOS POS though
is quite speedy except for the printing , which is non existent . For a week
or so it would print just as it had with our system , and then it stopped .
The POS accepts the order and
processes it as if it has been successful -- I know from experience that
when there was a printing problem before the whole system would hang , but
that isn't the case now . I have tried to force printing from the prompt and
that doesn't work either . Her
hardware guy says she should back up her system ,reformat the hard drive and
re-enter the win95/98 update . That seems a little extreme and I thought I'd
ask you good folk if you had any ideas ? All settings are as per the
software instructions and I uninstalled a scanner .
'Ta

Robin Boyd

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html