From:
Ben Moore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Aug 2000 16:04:30 -0400
I have a strange problem with my Abit be6-2 which I dual boot between Win98
and Win2000..  The system has been up and running well for a while.  Last
night I tried replacing the PIII 550E processor with a P III 700.  Because
the 700 in a fcpga chip, I had to use a slotket to adapt it to the
motherboard.  After getting the jumpers set correctly, when system booted,
the bios only recognized one hard drive out of three and didn't
recognize the cd either. I change back to the PIII 550 but nothing I do can
get
the bios to recognize anything but the drive that is master on the primary
ide connector. Once the system boots into Win98, I can read the cd and can
read the E: ntfs Win2000 drive ( using ntfs for Win98) but cannot see drive
D which is FAT32.  I know that that drive is good because I tried it in
another machine.  The drives are obviously powered.  I thought at first I
had a controller problem but  since I can see drives on both controllers
once I boot, that's not the problem.  I've checked connections but again
since I can see drives on both  controllers, that's not it.  I reflashed the
bios just in case. I've confirmed the bios setting.

I haven't been using the Highpoint Ata controller on this system but when I
went ahead last night and connected the drives to it instead of the normal
ide controllers.  All drives are recognized.

Partition Magic 5.01 and Drive Image 3.02 will not see anything but the
C: drive.

Look like I lost parts of one and all of a second controller but I don't
understand how I can read the drives even though they aren't recognize in
the bios.
I'm at a loss as to what to try next.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Ben Moore