From:
Dean Kukral <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Feb 1999 09:44:20 -0600
You need to do the standard trouble-shooting tricks.

First, make sure that the memory is well-seated.  It
can look ok, but not be.

Make sure that the power cables are connected
black wire next to black wire.

Try a minimum configuration.  No cards but the
video card and just the floppy.  (no hard drive,
modem, etc).  See if it will boot.  See if it will
even read the floppy.  If it does not boot, try
your other video card.  If it reads the floppy,
but does not show on the screen, then you
know the mb is likely ok and the problems
are likely with the video.

If it works, then add the hard drive.

Then add other pieces, if you have any, one
by one.

Hopefully, you will be able to isolate the bad
component.

HTH

Dean Kukral