From:
Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Aug 2000 10:23:40 -0600
At 08:38 AM 08/29/2000 , Jay Merritt wrote:
>I will be networking my small office of 4 machines in the near future. I have
>DSL Ethernet modem service now.  I would like to use one of the following
>DSL/Router boxes, but can't decide which one to use. At this point my choices
>are:
>1) Linksys BEFSR41-Etherfast 4-Port.
>2) Netgear RT314-4 Port Ethernet.
>3) MultiTech Systems Routefinder RF500S -Ether 4-Port Ethernet.
> >From reading the company literature for each model it appears as though the
>MultiTech is the most sophisticated of the 3. They are all priced within my
>budget.
>Does anyone have experience with these models or perhaps have another option
>I should be looking at?

I can tell you that both myself and Drew Dunn are now using the Linksys
BEFSR41 router, as well as a couple of the Moderators.  This is an exceptional
device and we are working on an article/review about it at this time.

After years of using Wingate for a network proxy to the Internet, I dumped it in
favor of this Linksys router...  and I have never been happier.  All the clients
on my network, even the former Wingate server machine have faster access
out to the Internet.  It is a great firewall, so the cable provider has no idea
how many PCs are using my cable connections here on my network.  The
speed of access is great, the protection is great and it is easily configured.

This unit not only has a port for the WAN, or cable/DSL connection, it also
has an uplink to the other hubs and switches on the network.  Then, it has
four separate ports on a 10/100Mbps switch.  This is a great device and
i highly recommend it.  There is also a great buy on it at Outpost.com
   http://www.outpost.com/entry?site=op:kau0&sku=66841
They have it for $159 and free shipping over night.

     Bob Wright
The NOSPIN Group

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org