From:
"Guido S. Piraino" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 May 2000 08:54:28 -0400
I was just about to re-post. I isolated the problem last night even further.
It IS the McAfee Vshield! It seems that once the .DAT updates are completed
to version .4077, the system absolutely SUFFERS. I tested a rash of other
possibilities (including Windows 98 updates, RAM, CPU, Hard Drive, etc...)
and the final out come is always the last 4 patches McAfee distributes to
combat the Love virus. The definitions up to .4072 don't seem to affect the
system at all.

I'll be sending in a request to McAfee in hopes of a viable response. I'd
hate to trash the program because 4 dat updates are killing it. Something
must be up. I am currently using the VirusScan Deluxe Version.

Anyone else?

Guido Piraino

> I've been having similar problems since I updated McAfee to the latest
> engine.  Disabling VShield makes my system run much quicker.  I've about
> decided to delete McAfee and try something else.  Try disabling VShield
> and see what happens.

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html