From:
Steve Dias <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 May 1998 19:10:29 -0500
Have you tried booting to your Win98 startup diskette? When I did
this it prompted me as to whether or not I wanted it to install
Window's generic cdrom drivers and a choice of SCSI or IDE. Not
sure if it will work in your case, but it worked for my 12x
Newcom,...may be worth a try. You
may want to rem out any current CD driver lines in autoexec and
config before attempting this.
Steve Dias

> These are the error messages I get:  "CDROM device driver not
>installed" or "Device driver not found" and "MIX001:AUX Driver
>AUXDRV.DRV not found."
> I've searched Microsoft's support site but no luck there
either.