From:
Mike Buraczewski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Apr 1998 23:09:39 -0500
Marc

I had a similar experience with a CTX monitor, except in my case, I could
hear and smell the smoke.  It seems that a high voltage wire in the monitor
wore through its shielding and shorted out.  The symptoms after the original
failure were similar to what you are experiencing.  See if you can find a
monitor repairman in your area.  I found one through a ham radio operator.
Seems that ham radio repairmen have a lot of the tools and experience
necessary to repair monitors.

I would be very careful of doing any messing around inside your monitor.
There are some high voltages and capacitors in there that can badly hurt
you.  The fly back transformer got its name from what it will make you do if
you accidentally contact it.

Mike Buraczewski