From:
Hugh Vandervoort <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Apr 2004 14:15:37 -0400
Chances are that the old programs won't run at all because the program path
and the registry are different.
You might get lucky if you use the Files and settings transfer Wizard, but
it's not likely. (I did, but it took some finagling).
Just plan on reinstalling the programs.
You can learn about dual-booting here:
http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/ew/2003/12/31/stories/2003123100240403.h
tm
It won't help with your current situation, though.
I just got a new computer with XP on it.  I want to put my old HD in this
computer as a second HD.  My old HD runs Win98se.  Will I be able to run
any programs off the old HD?

I plan to reinstall all my programs onto the new HD, but would like to
run my old programs on the old HD until I get everything reinstalled.