From:
Doug Simmons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 13:15:41 -0400
I use and highly recommend a shareware program ERS9x or ERS2000 for
registry backup.  I have mine set to get a copy every day and keep the last
7 days of registry backups. Also I use it to get a new backup just before I
install new software or hardware.  Over the past three years I've had to
use it to restore my corrupted registries 4 times, saving a lots of
headaches.  It only runs at startup or is launched by a scheduler program
if your machine is on all the time.

Doug

At 7/16/01 06:05 PM, Hal Jordan wrote:

>You need to restart computer, pressing F8 repeatedly until a menu pops up.
>Select "DOS Prompt" and enter.
>You should get "C:"
>Type "scanreg /restore"
>This will let you replace the current messed up registry with an older
>backup copy. Select the copy that is BEFORE error began.
>Unfortunately, this probably won't work, as it has been too many days.
>Windows only stores 5 copies (1st boot each day).
Original problem:
>I am encountering an error message when booting up Windows 98 that reads,
>"Windows Registry Checker, Windows Encountered an Error Accessing the System
>Registry.

                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>