From:
Peter Shkabara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Dec 1998 18:22:24 -0800
Hi Jim,

I just went through the ordeal myself. I wanted a smaller case so as not to
be obtrusive. I was considering the Enlight 7105 series or the InWin U500.
The problem with this idea turned out to be that you need to keep the area
around the P2 heatsink relatively clear so that air can circulate and cool
it.

It is possible to adjust the airflow by adding fans and such. I did that for
my Pentium system by removing the tiny fan and placing a 3 1/2 inch fan in
the case instead. However, this is extra work and may not work out well.

I ended up with a generic mini tower that had less drive space, but plenty
of room around the CPU area. Since getting my own case, I saw a case I liked
at a Future Shop store. It was an Anand (sp?) case, had plenty of room for
the CPU and motherboard, was a relatively small mini-tower, yet easily
provides for three 5 1/4, two 3 1/2 exposed drives plus two more hidden 3
1/2 drives. Price was $78. The only lacking feature was that this case did
not have removable side panels - the whole cover came off as one assembly.
My case separate side panels, and the motherboard mounting slides out as an
assembly by itself. Cost of my case was only $58.

Hope this is of some help.

Peter Shkabara
http://www.geocities.com/CollegePark/Lab/8342