From:
Jerome Deyle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Jun 2005 12:08:07 -0500
was the thermal compound just misapplied to the "top" of the CPU?? If so,
its very unlikely that had any effect. Did you check for bent pins??

I think the most likely suspect is that you have something wrong with the
way the front panel switches are connected to the mobo.

As far as the slow loading problem goes, 128MB of RAM isn't very much these
days, even if it is DDR. I don't run less than 256 on a Windows XP machine,
and 512 is much better. 128 can be adequate for a Win98 machine, if software
loads aren't demanding.
Jerome