From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Feb 1999 13:19:12 -0800
On 20 Feb 99, at 16:24, Susan Hays wrote:

> Need some more information.  I have a handheld computer with 8MB Ram
> and a 33.6K modem. It is a LG Electronics brand handheld computer.

  This is a "Windows CE" machine.  IT IS NOT A PC.

  There are about four different microprocessors which can run Windows CE.
None of them runs x86 code, though.  CE applications have to be built to
run on each specific CPU, and none will run standard PC applications.

  That 8 MB of RAM is split (you can configure the split, within
limits) between the "file system" and program execution memory.  So
effectively your "hard drive" takes up *about* half of that 8 MB.  Add
overhead for the OS, and a 1 MB application may push its limits.

http://www.rxphenom.com/accessories.htm

lists various accessories for this machine, but (a) no RAM upgrades,
and (b) no email/AOL software.

http://members.aol.com/jacktrades/aolce/

is supposed to have info about accessing AOL using Windows CE devices.
"Server too busy" when I tried it....

David G

                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html