From:
Dan Dias <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 May 2003 06:49:23 -0700
Okay.

Here come the typical questions...

What programs are you running at the time?

What actions have you specifically been taking on the PC when the hard
drive goes berserk?

The odds are that some piece of software has launched on your machine
(antivirus scanning or disk defragmentaton, for instance) and refuses to
let go of the CPU until it "does it's thang".

How long will this hard drive access continue if left undisturbed?

Finally, what operating system are you running?

Daniel A. Dias
Tech, Computer & Network Support
Innovative Business and Information Services (IBIS)
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL)
P.O. Box 808 L-664
Livermore, CA 94551
( 925-423-5638