From:
Doug Simmons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Oct 2000 13:19:08 -0400
At 10/9/00 10:22 PM, david rust wrote:

>I thought I might ask you people about a problem I'm having with a Dell
>model 333P (it's a 386). It has PS/2 keyboard and mouse ports. It won't
>finish POST. It gives "Keyboard Failure" message when using one keyboard
>and adapter combination and "Keyboard clock line failure" message when
>using another keyboard and adapter combination.

I had some problems with some older motherboards where the keyboard
connector was soldered to the motherboard and the cable and connector
weight was supported by the solder joints.  The connectors would pull away
from the board slightly and break connection with the solder runs when the
keyboard connector was attached.  I was able to recover some of these
boards by carefully re-soldering the connectors. Maybe you can do the same.

Doug

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org