Date:
Thu, 22 May 2003 13:47:04 +0100
Hi,
I'm not sure if this will cure it, but it seems to cure my problem on the
odd occasion I've had very similar.
I don't know what o/s you're running, but I'm using win98, and this usually
does the trick:
I usually use, as I think I've mentioned before on here, Norton Utilities,
and run mainly the scandisk and the speeddisk (defrag). Occasionally, I'll
use the utility which checks for windows problems, but if I didn't have that
option, I'd definately run the windows scandisk and fix all errors, and do a
regualar defrag. (I tend to use the Norton utilities becasue of my limited
time)
In addition to that, however,  when I have been having problems regularly, I
have used my start up disk to repair problems on my hard drive.
Do this by typing: scandisk/surface/Autofix/nosave
(make sure you're at the C prompt or you'll be trying to repair the floppy
disk)
In my case, this has seems to have even repaired bad sectors.(didn't think
that was possible, but they're gone now, so I'm assuming they've been
repaired)
Hope this helps, it's done wonders for my hard drive.
Michele Sayer