Date:
Mon, 17 Jul 2000 22:14:45 +1000
From: "Steve and Dara Snyder" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, July 17, 2000 11:57 AM
Subject: Re: [PCBUILD] Lightning strike!

> Gee, just when I thought I was safe from power glitches/outages
> by getting an UPS....  Also, I just realized that I'm connected
> full time through my cable modem (which is always connected).
> And since I still have a 56K modem connected to the phone line
> (through my UPS), am I in double danger from a lightning strike?
>
> And what is one supposed to do everytime a thunderstorm rolls
> through...unplug everything in sight?  What do all of you do?
> And not to mention the possibility of a thunderstorm popping up
> when I'm not home.
You can buy a good UPS (with strike protection), and Lighting/strike
protector for every plug on your wall. At least, you will gain a good level
of protection if the strike is not too strong. In some offices, every thing
(fax, phone, computer, ...) has to connected through surge/strike protector
to meet safety policy.

Jun Qian

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html