Date:
Wed, 31 Mar 1999 20:15:36 -0800
Elizabeth Boston wrote:

> Well... it is a Boca.. I called the company.
>         Of course, that doesn't make it work. The support guy said to
> test it in HyperTerminal, and see if it will pick up the phone.
>         Does anyone know how to do that?
>
>       Elizabeth Boston

I believe you will find "Hyperterminal" under c:\program
files\accessories\hyperterminal  (it should be in a folder in the
accessories folder.  You probably can reach it thru Start | Program
Files | Accessories and look for another folder called hyperterminal.

All it is is a very basic communications program.  You will have to go
into setup and tell it what comm port to use, the bps rate, protocol
(8N1 is typical) and then save.  I believe there is another pull down
called DIAL and you can connect or disconnect from there.  Program in a
phone number (like your work phone, if no one is there to answer it at
night) and click connect.  If the modem seizes the line and dials out -
that has told you that the basic function of the modem is working.  That
is what that Boca guy wanted you to do.  Good luck.

--
Jean Bourvic :>))

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html