From:
david richards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Nov 2004 12:58:06 -0800
Unfortunately, your windows CD will not recognize a hdd or partition
formatted for Linux.  You will have to do 1 of 2 things, depending.  If
the Linux install program permits you to format the drive separate from
the installation process itself, format it for fat32 or ntfs, depending
on the flavor of windows you are installing.  After this, fdisk and
format under windows using your Windows boot floppy or installation CD.
If you cannot do this, download the disk utility from the hdd
manufacturer that will format your hdd(I think all hdd manufacturers
will have that available for download)for use with Windows.  If all of
this fails or you are uncertain about the process, ask your friend to
restore your hdd for use under Windows.