From:
Carroll Grigsby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Jan 2002 18:07:30 -0500
On Friday 11 January 2002 01:04 pm, you wrote:
> Any known and tested methode to avoid the high temperature in IDE HDD such
> as Maxtor and Fujitsu?
> I know fujitsu IDE HDD are having troubles al aver the world.
> Any known hardware patch or heat sink or whatever?
> TIA
> Roberto

Roberto:
There are some fans available for this purpose -- the one that I've seen is
installed in the slot over the hard drive. It causes air to flow over the top
of the drive and then to the outside of the case (or the other way around if
that suits you better).

There is an excellent white paper on the general subject of case cooling at
the AMD site in PDF format; it's well worth reading.

FWIW, Fujitsu has gotten out of the hard drive business.

Regards,
Carroll Grigsby

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com