From:
John Loc <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 May 2003 14:41:14 -0500
Hi all,
Right now,I'm using Pentium MMX, 200Mhz, with Win98 SE installed. It seem like I will never get my modem to go as high as "40 something" bps. My highest speed was 31.2 kbps. I've go into Modem setting and tried everyting. No result. I even go into my ISP homepage(Netzero). They all tell me to do the same thing that I had been doing, like seting modem up to max, try other access number, update my modem driver,ect..But to no prevail. I don't think it the Netzero server faults. Because I had tried to use the Web several different times during the day, and my sister was able to get her speed of about 44.4 kbps using Netzero account. I'm about to give up this modem and buy another one. But before I do that, I would like to ask anyone that might know any other ways that I can speed up my modem. I'm using a very stardard 56K modem wit
h a not well-know brand name. I had this modem for at least 5 years now. Is it possible that the modem back then not capable of deliver speed up to "40 something" kbps? Or is it because my system was so slow? If I were to buy a new modem, will install it on my system will result the same thing?

Any help would greatly appreaciated.

Sincerely,
John Loc.

                         PCBUILD's List Owners: