From:
Breck Schwartz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Oct 1998 09:47:26 -0500
Corbin:

Although it is getting harder and harder to find parts for the PS/2 line,
they were well built. IBM simply tried to keep them to proprietary and
ended up with crappy sales. Anyway, check out these sites for CHEAP parts
for older IBMs (including PS/2 {microchannel}) before you toss that machine.

www.geminiparts.com
www.acsparts.com
www.compumgr.com/washburn.htm

        "When I cracked open the case I realized that I had a SCSI harddrive(99
megabytes) and a SCSI 3 and a 1/2 inch disk drive.  I also have 16 megs of
RAM installed. Would it be at all possible to find affordable parts that
will replace my existing equipment?  I would like to find a CD ROM and a
medium sized hard drive (500 megabytes to 1 gig).  Any information anyone
has would be greatly appreciated.  (Hopefully someone can remember back to
when they made those computers)."

Breck

                                  -----