Date:
Wed, 14 Feb 2001 23:12:52 +1100
Could someone tell me the best/safest HDD copy solution which is suitable
for normal home user?

I'm asking because I have a long unsolved problem. Whenever I need to
complete copy from one HDD to another, I usually use Ghost, which is good
for any win9x machine, however, when copy win2k/NT machine with large NTFS
partition and/or extra security setting, Ghost usually failed to make a
workable copy. The only "solution" was to try again and again, until got a
copy that works, but as you can see, this makes Ghost a "bad" solution for
such task.

The basic problem with Ghost are: 1) it doesn't like large NTFS partition,
as a result, the copy HDD won't boot; 2) Ghost may not be able to bring over
the security setting, sounds strange.

I really need to know how to make safe transfer from one HDD to another with
NTFS and win2k/NT.

The basic requirement would be:
1) the solution must be able to make the copied HDD bootable with large NTFS
boot partition (eg C: drive larger than 8G)
2) all security settings much be carried over as what they were
3) all software reference must be kept as same as before
4) I'm not talking about MS backup to tape drive, then restore from tape, as
normal PC won't have a tape drive.
5) preferred some software like Ghost

TIA

Jun Qian