From:
Hugh Vandervoort <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 May 2009 00:12:46 -0400
Win 7 Auto Login:
http://windows7news.com/2009/02/01/automatic-logon-into-windows-7/
Vista Auto Login:
http://www.ocmodshop.com/ocmodshop.aspx?a=840
Turning your computer off saves energy, but can cause you to miss
updates for the OS and AV. Your solution is a reasonable compromise. I
tend to leave mine on 24/7.
It's my understanding there will be an upgrade from XP, but I can't
imagine spending money on this proposition. Win 7 is cool and fast,
but I don't intend to upgrade until I get a new machine. There's
nothing s spectacular in Win 7 that I'd upgrade.

On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 9:30 PM, tannis zamora <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> I am hoping that some of you out there are Beta Testers of Windows 7 and can answer this question for me.
>
> I am running XP Pro on a Dell Dimension 2400 Desktop and XP Home on my Dell Inspiron 2200 Laptop.
>
> I checked out Vista and although I tried NOT to buy into the "bad rap" that seemed to get attached to Vista, I did find one feature I did NOT Like.
>
> I am the ONLY one who uses my computer.  Laptop and Desktop.  I absolutely DETEST having to type in a PASSWORD to get into my own computer.  At home, my computer is on 24/7 altough I turn it off every two or three days "just because".  Let it rest or ???
>
> Anyway, question is will Windows 7 require that Password sign on like Vista?  IS there a way to disable it?
>
> Does anyone know if there will be an upgradeable version from XP Home
>  Premium and XP Pro straight to Windows 7 bypassing Vista?
>
> Thank you everybody for your help.  These two lists, PC Build and PC Soft have saved me many a headache.
>
> tannis z TN

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com