From:
David Gordon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Nov 2001 19:50:28 -0700
First, I would like to thank everyone for their kind responses.  However,
it is still doing the same thing.

Not to rehash old territory, but here is the problem:

1.  When running a program I have that splits tiff files, when it reaches a
certain point, about 7000 files, it slows down to a crawl.  It goes from
22ppm to about 1 ppm to eventually about 1 page every 2 minutes.

2.  The problem seems to manifest itself when playing Freecell also.  It
plays about 4-5 games well, then the cards seems to get "jumpy".  After
about 6 games, even clicking on a card to move it causes about a 1-2 second
delay.  If I continue to play it just gets worse.

I downloaded new video drivers.  I upped my RAM to 512 meg.  I downloaded
diagnostics from Western Digital and found no problems with the hard drive
according to the test they have.

Granted, the Freecell problem is not a big deal; only a manifestation of
the problem.
The tiff file splitter is a problem considering the business I am in and
that I work from home.

Thanks,

David Gordon

Additional info: AMD 700, 512 meg RAM, 30 Gig HDD Western Digital 5200 RPM,
ATI Rage IIC 8 meg Video card.  Win98 SE.

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com