From:
Herbert Graf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Oct 2000 18:49:12 -0400
> I have a hard dive that says it has about 2 meg of bad sectors.
> It is not my primary hard drive. I have done FDISK,format,and
> scandisk several times. No change. So what can I do to fix bad
> sectors on an IDE hard drive?

     Nothing. Bad sectors are just that, sectors which are physically
damaged. There is practically no way of "fixing" this. 2MB of bad sectors is
quite a bit, I hope you don't have anything important on it. If it is stable
in it's amount of bad sectors then I wouldn't worry that much, but if the
number of sectors seems to be increasing I would say that drive is on it's
last legs. TTYL

      special "Free-After-Rebate" Software specials in conjunction
          with Beyond.com.   We have new offers all the time!!!
                      http://nospin.com/promotions