From:
Peter Shkabara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 May 1999 18:08:06 -0700
I built a similar system last December using a PII 350 on a FreeTech
motherboard, a Diamond V550 AGP, and an Adaptec 2940AU controller. I also
got the timeout failures and other SCSI failures during the boot. Sometimes
it did not even find the SCSI board. I moved the SCSI controller to
different PCI slots and found that the change in position affected the
recognition. In particular, You should not place the SCSI board into PCI
slot 1 or 5 since these share an interrupt with the AGP slot.

Additional problems were solved by getting updated drivers for the SCSI - of
course this only affected operation after a boot. I am running Windows NT.
Also, check the SCSI speed for each device - some of my settings were too
fast for the devices connected to the board.

Hope this is of some help.

Peter Shkabara
http://www.geocities.com/CollegePark/Lab/8342