Date:
Tue, 2 Feb 1999 07:45:20 -0600
I have been looking around a bit and have found the answer to several of my
questions.  4- and 2-way are the number of devices, ie. 1 computer, 4
printers or 1 computer, 2 printers.
Db25 is the type of connector.  What I haven't found is what I was looking
for - a switchbos that will allow me to connect a scanner and a printer to
one parallel port.  The way it is set up now (printer connected to
pass-through on the scanner), I have to turn on the scanner to use the
printer.  Thanks again.

KB wrote:

> I am looking for a parallel port switchbox that will work with a scanner
> and a printer.  These are the ones that I found at www.buy.com, but none
> of them have a description.  I was hoping someone on the list would be
> able to give me a little more information.  I have an a/b switch now,
> but the scanner will not work with it (not bi-directional?).  Is 4-way
> and 2-way the number of connections in the back?  Is Db25 the type of
> connection?  Will the 2-way Db25 Bi-directional Auto switch work for me?
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Kevin Weaver
>
>                   2- Way Db25 Ieee Automatic Switchbox
>                    2-Way Db25 Ieee Auto Switchbox Or Expander
>                    2- Way Db25 Bi-Directional Auto Switchbox
>                    4- Way Db25 Ieee Automatic Switchbox
>                    4-Way Db25 Ieee Auto Switchbox Or Expander
>                    4- Way Db25 Bi-Directional Auto Switchbox
>                    Ieee 1284 Compliant Switchbox Cable Db25M To Db25M 6
> Foot
>                    Geo/Serial Md9 Switchbox With Cable And Leds 6Port
> Manual
>                    Usb Manual Switchbox 4 Position I-Mac Colors
>                    Ieee 1284 Switchbox Cable
>                             10FT DB25M TO DB25M
>                    A/B/C/D Manual Switchbox
>                              DB25 FEMALE PORTS
>                    Switchbox 4-1 Auto Parallel Db25F Ports
>                    Switchbox Manual Vga Ps2 Kb4-1
>                               5 VGA FEMALE + 5 6PIN MINI DIN
>                    Switchbox Manual Vga Ps2 Kb2-1
>                               3 VGA FEMALE + 5 6PIN MINI DIN
>                    Switchbox Manual Vga At Kb 4-1
>                               5 VGA FEMALE + 5 5PIN DIN CONN
>                    Switchbox Manual Vga/At Kb 2-1
>                               3 15PIN VGA F TO 3 5PIN KB F CONN
>
>             PCBUILD maintains many useful files for download
>               on our web site - visit our download page at:
>                      http://nospin.com/pc/files.html

                         PCBUILD's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                        Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>