Date:
Thu, 15 Feb 2001 23:06:15 +1100
If you are going to build office machines that don't play games, you are
wasting money. P3 is simply expensive, a better choice and yet gives you
more CPU power is AMD Thunderbird. If you don't have plan to upgrade them, I
can give you a list of more powerful component that also saves your money.

Mobo: ASUS A7V (A7V133 is still a bit more expensive as it is new to market)
or Aopen AK73 Pro
CPU: AMD Thunderbird 1G, 1.1G or 1.2Ghz
Video: first G450 is never designed for games, it is designed for office
use. Its dual monitor support is great for business. Either 16M or 32M will
be perfect for normal office task. so if your budget is limited. I would
recommend 16M version.
Keyboard & Mouse: very important if you want to keep office users happy,
good keyboard and Mouse can improve productivity. I would spend a bit money
on those bit.
RAM: 128M is good enough for win9x/Me, but I would agree with you that to
get 256M for each PC. The reason you didn't find Crucial under Memory, is
that Crucial is a division of Micron Technology, so it's under the name
Micron Technology, go for it.

Jun Qian