From:
Jim Killmaster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Sep 1998 14:46:23 -0400
Larry,

I had the same error on an HpIII. The guy that lives next door worked
for Hp for 20 years repairing printers. He said the most of the time
it's a bad fuser assembly and occationally it could be a week power
supply.

If you turn the printer off and wait 10 minutes (not 9 and not 11) and
turn it back on it should work fine if its anything like the HpIII.

Hope this helps,
Jim Killmaster

Larry Fisk wrote:

> Working on  a Hp Laserjet 4
> Getting error message : 50 service
>
> Any simple things to check or does this
> mean something in the circuit board is bad.
> Tried reseating the fuser unit,etc.- no joy.
> Sending it to  a HP service center would
> probably cost more than it's worth????
>
>   Looks like it hasn't seen too much service,
> it's clean as a whistle inside.

>      | ><>  Larry  Fisk   <><
>      |      Fisk Computers
>      |      Fruitvale, Idaho
>
>                                   -----
>        **Need help with PCBUILD mailing list? Send an Email to:**
>         Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]> or Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>

                                  -----
       **Need help with PCBUILD mailing list? Send an Email to:**