From:
Dan Shaughnessy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Dec 1998 18:55:02 -0600
This is a standard error message with WIN95 AGP.  Win95 was written
before AGP existed, and doesn't know what it is, so it reports an error
message.  You can ignore the message if the card appears to be working
properly.

Dan Shaughnessy

"Lindstrom, Rick" wrote:

> Hi-
>
> A system I recently built and am in the process of debugging has a problem
> I haven't been able to crack (I'm not totally sure it's a problem)-
>
> In the device manager, a conflict is indicated between the "PCI standard
> PCI-to-PCI bridge" and the Matrox Millineum G200 AGP video card. The
> conflict is under "resources", and it seems that both devices want to use
> the same memory ranges.
>
> I tried manually setting the memory range for the PCI bridge, and basically
> wound up with a machine that wouldn't boot; had to do a complete reinstall
> to get things working again.
>
> As I said, I don't know if this is a problem or not- the machine seems to
> run OK, but I don't have anything ON the PCI bus yet. I will be putting in
> PCI network adapter.
>
> I'm wondering if anyone on the list has a solution for this or can point me
> in the right direction.
>
> BTW, the mobo is an Aopen AX59PRO1 with an AMD K-2 350 processor, if that
> makes any difference.

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html