From:
Nick Torraca <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Jul 2000 14:17:28 -0400
Hello everybody,
I just encountered my first atx power supply and I have a question about how
its supposed to operate. Its in a friend's computer that has become totally
dead. I removed it completely from the system and plugged in the power cord
and its still dead, no outputs and no fan. My assumption is that the power
supply is bad. The internal fuse is good, by the way. My question is: Does
the atx power supply need some sort of enabling signal from the computer to
turn itself on or is it that the signal from the computer turns it off? In
other words, is it a valid test to remove the PS from the system and see if
it works all by itself not connected to anything? Anybody have a good online
source for getting a new power supply? Thanks a lot. -Nick

      special "Free-After-Rebate" Software specials in conjunction
          with Beyond.com.   We have new offers all the time!!!
                      http://nospin.com/promotions