From:
Don Penlington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jan 2008 12:08:14 +1000
Kathleen wrote:
>I have recently had an issue with my computer shutting down in the middle
>of minor activity.>>

Most likely causes:

1. There's a family of viruses which can cause this.
2. Overheating
3. Faulty RAM. Reseat RAM sticks, run RAM tests, try removing one if there
are 2 RAM sticks.
4. Stop error. Set computer to not reboot automatically on stop errors.
Then you can see what the error is. It could be hardware-related.

Power supply and mobo are less likely causes.

Don Penlington

 From the Beach at Surfers Paradise in sunny Queensland.
Computer tutorials, local scenery,  and other things at my website:
http://users.tpg.com.au/deepend/index1.html

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml