From:
Jamie Adams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Mar 2003 23:22:52 -0500
I just recently received this Compaq system from a friend. He had it for a long while, reported no problems until the CD ROM stopped working. He replaced it with a 56x Afreey brand CD, and claims it worked well until it just stopped one day. When I first looked inside the machine, the ribbon cable connected to the CD ROM was damaged (pulled free from the connector on he mother board) and so I replaced it with a spare that I had from another (non Compaq) machine. Upon boot up, it gives three error codes:
1155 system board comm port address assignment conflict
601 diskette controller error
611 primary floppy port address assignment conflict
Then I get a flashing cursor and nothing else. Also, the center pin on the keyboard ps2 connector seems to be broken off.. I assume inside the machine. This isn't high priority, but any suggestions would be welcome.
Thanks,
Jamie

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com