From:
Jim Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Oct 1999 10:12:28 PDT
Hi everyone,
I'm trying to boot a system that has 200MMX intel chip. The chip has
replaced an earlier Cyrix 6x86MX-PR200 chip according to the owner. The
system will do a POST, identify the hardware configuration, report
ESCD...success, then lose video! Sometimes it will reboot before reporting
ESCD success but will ultimately suffer the same fate! Video cards have been
changed for diagnostic purposes (brand new)and I don't believe RAM to be the
problem as it reports the correct amount during POST. I don't suspect the
CPU because previous CYRIX chip was reported to do the same thing. any
suggestions are much appreciated. Thank you very much!
Jim Phillips.